Kuran Iverson - SF - Northwest Catholic HS - West Hartford, Connecticut

• 45 replies

Dan

#2 prospect in scout's 2013 rankings apparently has St. John's on his list...can anyone tell me about how good he is?  He's got to be pretty awesome if he's up that high on the list.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:21:32 AM by Dan »

#2 prospect in scout's 2013 rankings apparently has St. John's on his list...can anyone tell me about how good he is?  He's got to be pretty awesome if he's up that high on the list.
from what i know he said georgetown is his dream school and hes allen iversons cousin

Dan

So basically our chances for him are small?  Makes sense.

One Iverson may have been enough for Georgetown

I spoke with him last weekend. He mentioned UConn, Pitt, & entire Big East. He oozes potential physically he's on another level. His maturity and mentality haven't caught up to his physicality yet. I'll be watching him play again this weekend in Virginia.

Kuran Iverson at Hoop Group Providence Jam Fest

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Dan

He mentioned Pitt and Uconn specifically?  Cmon Lavin, outdo Calhoun!

Iverson was m.i.a this weekend in Virginia. He was apparently home "studying"

Iverson was m.i.a this weekend in Virginia. He was apparently home "studying"

this kid is already 2 grades behind.
Fire Mullin.

Dan

Wait so he's definitely not going to qualify when that time rolls around?  He'll have to prep a year then.  That would make him an eventual 2014 target.

Wait so he's definitely not going to qualify when that time rolls around?  He'll have to prep a year then.  That would make him an eventual 2014 target.

my point was he was born in 1993 and should be graduating this year.
he's terrific for his class, just that he should be a senior.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:28:18 PM by kjd01067 »
Fire Mullin.

And then hope he can be signed after 2 years of JC ball.

I think everyone is unfairly jumping to conclusions here.

Dan

I don't have any info from sources...Dave, do you have any link that could shed some light on his eligibility or lack thereof?

I don't have any info from sources...Dave, do you have any link that could shed some light on his eligibility or lack thereof?

He's a sophomore, I wouldn't be wondering or worrying about his eligibility anytime soon.

sju89tr

I think everyone is unfairly jumping to conclusions here.

How is that Dave, an 18 year old soph?

His birthday is 8/6/93 so he's 17 first of all. He would be turning 18 entering his junior year when most students would turn 17.

There is no doubt he is behind but jumping to conclusions about his academics, qualifying, etc. is exactly that jumping to unfair conclusions. No one has 1st hand knowledge of what he is or isn't doing in the classroom.

saw him at is8 yesterday, no matter how old he is this kid can really play. tough to tell how tall he really is but my guess was around 6'7 and he was doing everything on the court, handling the ball, hitting threes and really douped sidiki johnson on a couple post moves. he looks like he's going to be a great one.

Marillac

His birthday is 8/6/93 so he's 17 first of all. He would be turning 18 entering his junior year when most students would turn 17.

There is no doubt he is behind but jumping to conclusions about his academics, qualifying, etc. is exactly that jumping to unfair conclusions. No one has 1st hand knowledge of what he is or isn't doing in the classroom.

He'll be turning 20 before he sets foot as a college freshman.  The thing to look for with a lot of kids like him who dominate when they are a few years older is whether they are doing so because they have a physical edge that will give way or it is natural ability.  You don't even have to be older, some kids are just men in high school while others are still boys a year or two from busting out.  Rob Thomas comes to mind...not only was he older, but he was mature physically way past his age.

very true marillac. granted it was only one game but he was one of the best players on the floor yesterday that was chock full of kids playing in power conferences next year. his body also looked young like he hasnt filled out or gained any definition yet but you could tell this kid can really play.

He'll be turning 20 before he sets foot as a college freshman.  The thing to look for with a lot of kids like him who dominate when they are a few years older is whether they are doing so because they have a physical edge that will give way or it is natural ability.  You don't even have to be older, some kids are just men in high school while others are still boys a year or two from busting out.  Rob Thomas comes to mind...not only was he older, but he was mature physically way past his age.

While I don't believe Felipe was necessarily the bust many call him I also felt that his HS success and #1 recruit ranking had a a lot to do with the fact that he was a full grown man, and one with great physical tools, playing against kids. There weren't as many older kids still playing in HS in those days either.  Once you get to college most of the elite have those same or similar physical tools so the advantage is lost.  So I agree you have to watch these types of kids to see if they really have an above average skill set to go with their advanced physical maturity.